Why Is Texas Roadhouse (TXRH) Stock Rocketing Higher Today

Jabin Bastian /
2024/02/16 11:41 am EST

What Happened:

Shares of restaurant company Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ:TXRH) jumped 10.9% in the morning session after the company reported fourth-quarter results with revenue and EPS slightly exceeding expectations, based on a same-store sales beat with strong contribution from " higher guest traffic." 2024 guidance was reiterated from the previous time Texas Roadhouse provided an outlook. This outlook specifically called for positive same-store sales next year. Growth is also expected to benefit from the company's continued store expansion, with plans for an additional 30 company-owned restaurants in the current year. 

Lastly, the company highlighted its commitment towards returning value to shareholders with EPS growth of 14.3% and a dividend yield of 2.1%, driving a total return of 16.4% in 2023. On the other hand, the company continued to cite inflationary challenges, though management intends to offset these with a 2.2% menu price increase during the year. Overall, it was a decent quarter, showing that the company is staying on track.

Is now the time to buy Texas Roadhouse? Access our full analysis report here, it's free.

What is the market telling us:

Texas Roadhouse's shares are not very volatile than the market average and over the last year have had nomoves greater than 5%. Moves this big are very rare for Texas Roadhouse and that is indicating to us that this news had a significant impact on the market's perception of the business.

Texas Roadhouse is up 23.8% since the beginning of the year. Investors who bought $1,000 worth of Texas Roadhouse's shares 5 years ago would now be looking at an investment worth $2,252.

When a company has more cash than it knows what to do with, buying back its own shares can make a lot of sense–as long as the price is right. Luckily, we’ve found one, a low-priced stock that is gushing free cash flow AND buying back shares. Click here to claim your Special Free Report on a fallen angel growth story that is already recovering from a setback.